We think, plan and build with the environment in mind. It’s an integral part of our building design and construction – inside and out. For energy efficiency we construct our buildings from UK-sourced Structural Insulated Panels to reduce their carbon footprint. SIPs offer many benefits for the environment:
- Fewer trees from mature forests needs to be harvested.
- The outer OSB skins are instead made from engineered wood that is manufactured from. renewable, fast growing trees.
- SIPs offer superior insulation qualities.
- Heating and electricity bills are reduced and as a result fewer fossil fuels need to be burned.
Meanwhile outside we offer sustainable western red cedar cladding, which naturally secretes its own weatherproof resin, thereby avoiding the need for chemical preservatives.
Glazing is designed to be heat retaining and energy-saving.
On the roof there’s the choice of eco-friendly single ply membrane (EPDM) or living sedum and the eco-smart features don’t end there. Solutions for harvesting rainwater, capturing daylight with the aid of reflective tubes, and generating renewable solar and wind-powered energy are also available. The Qube Assembled range is re-locatable, so our solutions avoid the unnecessary use of natural resources, resulting manufacturing processes and landfill wastage.
As well as using SIPS, The Qube utilise:
- Air Source Heat Pumps – these are highly energy-efficient as they use renewable energy sources to generate heat. Compared to traditional heating systems they will help you save lots on your running costs.
- Solar Panels – as a standard on most Qube builds, we install solar panels on the roof to generate electricity in order to help power your building and reduce your energy bills in the long-term
- A-rated glazing – helping regulate temperatures and minimised external noise.
- Natural timber cladding – a sustainable and eco-friendly options when comparing to other external cladding options like aluminium, or composite cladding. However, these options are available.